The medical profession is continually evolving and finding new ways to help people live healthier and better lives. Supplements are one of the newest additions to the medical world which have been shown to be beneficial for a number of illnesses and conditions, including type 2 diabetes. In this article, we will break down seven supplements that have been proven in studies to be most effective at lowering blood sugar levels in those who are either prediabetic or diabetic.
What is a Supplement?
A supplement is a natural or man-made product that is taken orally (by mouth) and has been shown to have positive health benefits. Supplements are designed to supplement the diet and provide nutrients that may be lacking in the diet. For example, omega-3 supplements are often taken to increase the levels of omega-3 fatty acids in the body.
There are many different types of supplements available on the market, and it can be difficult to know which ones are right for you. Always speak with your healthcare provider before taking any supplements, especially if you have a medical condition or are taking medication.
Some common supplements that have been shown to lower blood sugar and type 2 diabetes risk include chromium, magnesium, cinnamon, alpha-lipoic acid, GLA supplements, and fiber supplements.
Pros and Cons of Supplements
When it comes to supplements, there are a lot of pros and cons that come along with them. On one hand, supplements can be a great way to lower your blood sugar or type 2 diabetes risk. However, on the other hand, they can also be expensive and may not be covered by insurance.
Some of the pros of taking supplements include:
-They can help lower your blood sugar levels
-They can help reduce your type 2 diabetes risk
-They can provide you with essential nutrients that you may not get from your diet alone
Some of the cons of taking supplements include:
-They can be expensive
-They may not be covered by insurance
-There is always the possibility of side effects
What Supplements to Take for Type 2 Diabetes?
There are a few key of poplar ingredients in supplements that have been shown to be effective in lowering blood sugar levels and type 2 diabetes risk. These include:
1. Chromium: This essential trace mineral is involved in insulin production and blood sugar regulation. Studies have shown that chromium supplementation can improve insulin sensitivity, lower fasting blood sugar levels, and help to control type 2 diabetes.
2. Cinnamon: This popular spice has been shown to help lower blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity. Cinnamon can also help increase feelings of fullness after meals, which can aid in weight loss.
3. Alpha-Lipoic Acid: This powerful antioxidant has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity, lower blood sugar levels, and protect against nerve damage associated with diabetes.
4. Fenugreek: This herb has been used traditionally to help control blood sugar levels. Studies have shown that fenugreek can help lower fasting blood sugar levels and improve glucose tolerance.
5. Gymnema Sylvestre: This Ayurvedic herb has been used for centuries to treat diabetes. It works by helping to regulate blood sugar levels and increase insulin sensitivity.
The Best Supplements for Type 2 Diabetes
There are a few different supplements that have been shown to be effective in lowering blood sugar levels and reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
If you are one of the many people who suffer from high blood sugar levels, you may be looking for a way to get rid of your blood sugar problems. You may have heard of Glucofort, an all-natural dietary supplement that is specially designed for people with high blood sugar levels.
Glucofort contains a blend of natural ingredients that have been clinically proven to help lower blood sugar levels. One of the key ingredients in Glucofort is berberine, which has been shown in studies to effectively lower blood sugar levels.In addition to berberine, Glucofort also contains other natural ingredients like chromium, magnesium, and zinc, which have all been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels. If you are looking for a safe and effective way to lower your blood sugar levels, Glucofort is a great option.
Another supplement that has been studied for its effects on blood sugar and diabetes risk is magnesium. Magnesium is another mineral that is found in many foods, but it is also available in supplement form. Several studies have shown that magnesium supplementation can help to lower fasting blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity (3, 4).
If you are interested in taking either of these supplements to help lower your blood sugar levels or reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes, be sure to talk to your doctor first.
3. https://www.ncbi.nlm NIH gov/pubmed/9874436
There are a number of supplements that can help lower blood sugar and type 2 diabetes risk. While some of these supplements are more effective than others, all of them can be helpful in managing blood sugar levels. If you are interested in trying any of these supplements, be sure to talk to your doctor first to see if they are right for you.